Saturday, July 21, 2007

It was a nice morning for a Lesson

This is "Fenna", my latest addition from Holland. She came to us this past February. She just turned 6 years old. She took some time getting used to her new home, but she is settled in now. Due to our winters, and my lack of an indoor, we did not do much over the winter and early spring. I just let her hang out, get used to the barn, the noises of the street, and the cars going by and me. She started to work mid-May and she is truly amazing! What a nice mare; easy going, very forward and so willing to work. She likes having a job. This morning it was a bit cooler than it has been, about 70 degrees with a slight wind. She was a bit "full of herself",looking for reasons to spook. Every Saturday my trainer comes over to work one of the horses and me for one hour. She works the horse first, then she works me! Today we had many "imaginary friends" along for the ride, at least in Fenna's mind we did! I don't mind when she gets like this, to me it only tests my ability to get her mind back, get her body back in correct frame, and my ability to so it without a battle. This breed doesn't even have a big spook, at least my Friesian's don't. They do not spin and jump like I've seen so many other horses do, they just move their front feet a bit and then it's over. Again, I can't speak for all Friesians, only my three. All three of mine are different, all three have different temperaments, but all of them are truly nice animals! Fenna is my newest but I do have to say, she is the one I enjoy the most! I got Fenna and Best, my first Friesian from the same person in Holland. I got my second one from people here in the states. If I am to buy again, it will only be from the person I bought from in Holland. My USA experience was terrible. I will not recommend those people to anyone, and they are well known in the Friesian world. I thought I was dealing with people who were reputable and cared about the breed. I couldn't have been more wrong! Enjoy the rest of the day, Happy Trails!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello ,Here from Holland(Friesland) fenna fan de beijemastate her mother is preferent, SO your fenna has a full paper ,today her sister became a star .

6 years fenna star mare
5 years iwan a gelding star M1plus 8 wp
4 years jannou star mare L 1 DRESSAGE
3 years ninnou star mare in draining you can email me for more information

good luck with fenna gr.jitske de way
email is jitskedeway@hetnet.nl

Miranda said...

Here another reaction from Holland. I'm the proud owner of Iwan fan 'e Beijema State, the younger brother of Fenna (Iwan is five years old).
Iwan is a star gelding who's doing an amazing job in the dressage. He's such a nice horse, always willing to work and ofcourse very beautifull.
If you want to see pictures you can go to the website www.beijemastate.nl or you can send me or Jitske an email and we can send you some pictures of the family from Fenna.
I hope to here form you.

Kind regards,

Miranda

Chris said...

Thank you both for the information, I would love to see more of her family! She is a wonderful mare.