Tuesday, July 10, 2007



My love for horses began years ago as a child, growing up with a pony farm directly behind our back yard. The girl next door had a horse, and I always wanted one as a youngster. I did not own my own horse for many years after. I briefly had a Morgan which I had leased. After a particularly bad ride, which I refer to as my "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride", I strayed from horses for some time. I busied myself with my other passion; raising and showing dogs. As I got a bit older, my desire to have another horse was stronger. However, I did not want another wild ride! I started researching breeds and it came down to Friesians or Gypsy Vanners, both breeds know for their kindly, gentle temperaments. I ended up with the Friesians and bought my first one three years ago. Here the story really begins! This is Best, my first Friesian. He is a gelding and the sweetest boy. He thinks he is a big dog!

No comments: