Thursday, July 12, 2007

Where do you buy a Friesian?



Well, getting an answer to that question will give you as many answers as people you asked! I have found everyone in the "Horse World" has their own right and wrong way to do pretty much everything. When I first started looking for a Friesian I Googled "Friesians" and looked at what popped up. There were several sites, and I visited them all. I even called a few to talk with them about the horses they had listed for sale. Some had videos of their horses which made things a little better. But buying horses over the Internet??? What would they think of next? You can't test ride over the Internet, see their personality over the Internet, but to fly to all the locations across the country to see the horses would cost almost as much as the horse.




I think people need to do what is comfortable for them when choosing how and who they want to buy their horse from. I found that some of the people I spoke with were very knowledgeable regarding Friesians.They truly wanted to see me with a Friesian which was suitable for me. Others were out to just sell a horse, whether I was able to handle it or not. I knew my skill level, and I let all sellers knowwhat my skill level was, and when I was being pushed toward a horse which was beyond my skill level I backed right away from that seller! They only wanted to make a sale, not make the correct fit between me and the right horse. Trust your instincts, if it doesn't feel right...walk away, there are plenty of other horses out there! Friesians are not a dime a dozen in the United States, however there are plenty enough to choose from here, and you can also imported your own! (This Friesian is Best Fan D'ald Loop)

No comments: